We’re a small family-run campsite just two miles from Trecastle and 20 minutes west of Brecon in the beautiful Brecon Beacons National Park. Our lovely old farmhouse is set in 5 acres. To call it 'beautiful' is an understatement – but we would say that, we live here!
Chickens, owls, kingfishers, red kites, bats, foxes, and otters. Just a few of the creatures we share our land with. As such, we do all we can to keep it looking nice for them and for you.
Ynysfaen is all about peace and tranquillity – a basecamp to explore and enjoy mother nature doing what she does best. We’re not into late nights so we have a ‘no noise policy’ after 10.30pm. On the other hand, we love early mornings – and waking up to the sounds of the babbling River Usk, the dawn chorus, and the gentle clucking of chickens. If you share this sentiment, then you should really enjoy Ynysfaen.
A little different…
We like to think we’re a little different from most other campsites in the area. Here’s why…
- Camping, not caravanning – tents and trailer tents are welcome, but sorry, no motorhomes or caravans,
- Canvas, not cars – no vehicles allowed on the camping field. There are wheelbarrows to cart stuff to your pitch, and if you need a hand, just holler!
- Quality, not quantity – we love sardines, but only on toast. So you’ll have plenty of room to pitch your tent.
- Seclusion, not isolation – Ynysfaen feels far from the madding crowd, but there’s plenty of civilisation nearby, too.
-Heat, without hassle – for £5, we provide firebaskets, logs and kindling for those chilly evenings.
- Simplicity, not luxury – we have a modern shower and toilet block, and a covered washing up area, with hot and cold water but no electricity hook-up.
- Basics, not banquets – there’s no shop, but you can buy free range eggs laid by our own chickens and seasonal homegrown fruit and veg.
As we are a fairly small site, we prefer you to book, you can do this via email or through UK Campsite. For more information, email email@example.com
Visit our website: www.campingatynysfaen.co.uk for further information.
Click here to write a review